$7m Obstacle Course

To the Editor, Hmmmm…Let me make sure I’ve got this thing right. $7,000,000 for a super highway up the West Fork; zero for the road to the ski hill. Are you kidding me? 98 percent of the traffic must travel on a muddy washboard, while the other 2 percent glide easily to nowhere. The thought of this allocation of resources overwhelms and nauseates me.During the 28 years I have been skiing the mountain, I have seen very few functional improvements. Our community thrives only because of our visitors. Does it make sense to have an obstacle course on the route to the mountain? Is there another dirt road in Montana that has this amount of traffic? I don’t think so. Perhaps we could spend millions for a couple of round-a-bouts to facilitate access to the obstacle course? I’m sure no one wants to take responsibility for this travesty. Who’s in charge here? This is a sad state of affairs resulting in excessive road costs and aggravation to all who use these facilities. Come on, Red Lodge, this ain’t rocket science, it’s common sense. D.E. (Doc) SmithRed Lodge

Upcoming Events

  • Monday, December 18, 2017 - 12:00pm
    The Red Lodge Community Blood Drive will be held Dec. 18 at St. Agnes Catholic Church.  Appointments are offered from 12 noon - 5 p.m. and can be made online at www.bloodhero.com. Walk-ins are also accepted if time allows. Contact Christie at (406) 210-8678 for questions or to make an appointment.
  • Monday, December 18, 2017 - 6:00pm
    All Veterans and their families are invited to a complimentary holiday dinner Dec. 18 at 6 p.m. at the Elks Lodge on Broadway in Red Lodge.  Please call 446-1812 to make reservations.
  • Monday, December 18, 2017 - 7:00pm
    Joliet Group meets at the Community Center Monday at 7 p.m.
  • Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 8:00am
    Rock Creek Group meets Tuesdays and Saturdays at 8 a.m. and Wednesdays and Fridays at 7 p.m. at Calvary Church, 9 N Villard, Red Lodge.
  • Tuesday, December 19, 2017 - 7:00pm
    Now Group meets at the Bridger United Methodist Church, 222 W. Broadway (west entrance of church) Tuesday at 7 p.m.
  • Wednesday, December 20, 2017 - 7:00pm
    Rock Creek Group meets Tuesdays and Saturdays at 8 a.m. and Wednesdays and Fridays at 7 p.m. at Calvary Church, 9 N Villard, Red Lodge.