Fire at Lost Village: bar saved

Courtesy photo

A Roberts Fire Tender on scene at  Lost Village.

Early Wednesday morning, Oct. 10, at around 1:30 a.m., a fire broke out at the Lost Village Saloon in Roberts. The Roberts Rural Fire District 6 responded. Fire Chief Hunter Bell said, “It was not bad. We were able to contain it to a room and contents.” He said two occupants of the building were able to get out safely. “There was a little bit of smoke damage in the hallway.” He said it was fortunate that the doors were all closed so the fire didn’t spread. Although an official cause has not been determined, he said the fire may have been caused by a power tool battery charger. “I know that power tool battery chargers have a lot of heat. It’s important to never leave them unattended, charging overnight or with items close to them.” Bell said it is something he is personally aware of with his own equipment. “I work with a lot of power tools and I’m naturally concerned about fire.” In the last ten years, Bell said three Roberts area fires have been caused by battery rechargers. He noted, “This is fire prevention week. It is a good time to remind people to make sure they have fire alarms and that they are working and connected.”